Answering All Of Your Immigration Questions And Concerns

Argumedo GarzonAt Argumedo Garzon Law Group, our attorneys have extensive immigration experience — both professionally and personally. We want to ensure you and your family go through a smooth immigration process, but we understand the immigration system can be confusing. That is why we dedicate personal attention to every client and personally help you through every step of your journey.

California Immigration Law FAQs

While immigration is a national law, California is unique in the size and scope of our immigrant community. These are the most common questions our firm receives regarding immigration in San Francisco or elsewhere in the state.

  • Can I get a work permit? One of the most common ways immigrants are granted residency in this country is through a work visa and work permits. Whether you get approved or not, however, depends on a case-by-case basis. Our firm can evaluate your unique case to determine if you are able to secure a work permit.
  • Can my son or daughter petition for me? If you are over 21 and are a citizen (not a green card holder), you are often eligible to petition for a parent to immigrate to the United States. However, your petition could still be denied. An experienced immigration attorney can counsel clients on how to best unite their families in this country.
  • How many years must I spend in the U.S. before I am eligible for citizenship? Generally, someone with a green card must live continuously in the U.S. for at least five years before they are eligible to apply for citizenship. However, you must meet several other factors to gain citizenship, and every case is unique.
  • How can I stop myself from getting deported? By seeking representation from a proven deportation defense lawyer. While immigration attorneys cannot promise to stop deportation, it is almost always worth fighting your deportation in immigration court — and an experienced law firm can increase your chances of staying in this country.

Every immigration case is unique, and deserves its own personalized solutions. Do not hesitate to consult with an immigration attorney today to discuss your needs and get answers to the rest of your questions. Schedule a consultation with our firm by calling 415-766-8880 or reaching out online.